1. Do you smoke cigarettes? Are you smoking a pack a day? Between packs of smokes, or cartons, vaping and all its accessories/batteries/parts/nicotine juice or chew, it's all a nicotine habit. It's unneeded. It is not a necessity. No one should give you money for cigarettes. It's a vice. It's YOUR problem, not any one else problem to spend their hard earned money on your addiction.
2. Do you drink alcohol? Is that why you need the money? Is it a habit? Are you addicted? Would someone buying you alcohol be enabling you? It's a vice. It's an addiction, and just as deadly as the last one, if not deadlier, if you happen to drive a car. It's no one else's responsibility to give you money to buy alcohol.
3. Do you partake in drugs? Another habit. Does the drug use prevent you from doing your job? Does it get on the way of managing your home and raising kids? Do you spend money on drugs instead of food? It's a vice. It's a deadly one. One that will make you lie, cheat and steal. One that will have you selling household items for. It will get you in trouble with the law and do nothing but harm to your mind, body and your children. It costs jobs, marriages, families, friendships and lives. Don't ask loved ones to work for your addiction. Get clean.
4. Do you gamble? Do you willingly take money already in your hand and feed it to a machine in the hopes of getting more money? It's a vice. It's greed as well. Why should you get to go out and risk other people's money so you could change a win for more money, that you'll probably put right back in? That's not what you borrow money for. That's not an emergency.
5. Do you buy useless items? Do you shop excessively and buy crap you don't need? Do you purchase things because you like it, or because you honestly need it now? It's a vice. I get it. It was on sale. It was something you thought you needed. It was bright and shiny. It's not anyone else's problem that you have a shopping habit.
6. Do you have hobbies? If so, awesome. Do you spend money on hobbies instead of bills? That makes it your problem, not anyone else's. Unless it's a lucrative hobby that you make money on, you're just throwing away money on fun things instead of paying bills. Must be nice to burn up someone else's hard work so you could play. I guess that other guy can just sit home this weekend since you borrowed his extra cash for your fun since you can't manage your priorities. What a pal.
7. Do you buy soda and junk food? Are you eating poorly, going out to fast foods, or buying easy microwavable meals because buying healthy food that you have to prepare is too hard? That's lazy and damaging to your system. It's a vice. "It's too expensive to eat healthy" is what I hear, as they're in the McDonald's drive-thru plopping down cash for fried processed substances. Go back to the store and get food that has 1 ingredient, like Apple, Broccoli, Carrot, Beans, Rice....I know, it will be weird at first. You'll learn how to eat real food again and be healthier, wealthier, and wise. No joke. Your sick days at work will decrease. Your household will feel better mentally and physically. $20 in the not Fast, not Food lane for 1 meal vs. 1 day+ of food from the store is a fair trade. Enough with the excuses. Some people use coupons and apps to save every penny they can, and can or prep every scrap they can, and cook all meals. They don't do that so you can have McDonald's.
Eat to live, not live to eat.
8. Do you go to Starbucks? Once in a while is different than every day, which can easily lead to a few hundred a month. If you got money for Starbucks, then don't ask anyone for money.
9. Do you have pets? Pets are wonderful companions. If you have a problem feeding yourself, you probably shouldn't have 15 cats. You should prioritize who deserves food first. It's no one else's responsibility to feed animals that you can't. I don't work so you can feed your hoarding problem.
10. Are your bills not getting paid because you have 9 different things that take precedence? That is no one else's problem but your own. No one else should be figuring out why you can't prioritize. No one else should pay your bills, because you like smoking, drugs and shopping.
YOUR EMPTY POCKETS ARE NO ONE ELSE'S PROBLEM. SUFFER LIKE THE REST.
PRIORITIZE. DON'T EXPECT ANYONE TO REFILL YOUR POCKETS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU'RE BAD WITH MONEY.
If you ask for a hand out, make sure you can answer NO to every question, or you're just expecting other people to feed your addictions and to solve your problems for you.
IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM, AND IT'S NOT WORTH LOSING A FRIEND OVER IT, BECAUSE YOU FEEL ENTITLED.
Put your big boy/big girl pants on and figure it out yourself.
No one owes you anything.